Sunday, July 13, 2008

Nostalgia : Back To School

Tomorrow, 14 July 2008, is the first day of academic year in 2008/2009 for school-students in Indonesia. Since I’m not a high-school-student anymore, I kind of missing the atmosphere, especially when I see my little brother going to his new school. Preparing new books, stationeries, school bags, shoes, wondering who my classmates would be, how I would do in a year in front, etc..

Going back to those years, I always got nervous and excited about my new class. How would I adjust to the new environment? Would I find a good new friend? And so on..

One year ago, I remembered I said to myself, “It is the last time I feel this kind of feeling to wonder which class I would be in. Next year, I’ll never be in this place.” I had an unique experience then. I was in the wrong class. Well, it wasn’t completely my fault because ‘luckily’ I was listed in two classes, XII A 1 and XII A 2. The list which was put on the announcement board showed that I was in XII A 2. But,,, my name was not written in XII A 2 in the official list in administrative room, I was in XII A 1 instead. I was told to move after three days studying in the ‘wrong’ class. Somehow, I couldn’t accept it because I had considered XII A 2 as my class that day. Despite the short time I spent in the classroom, I felt uncomfortable to leave it. And, fortunately, the final decision led me to stay.

At that time, I thought that there must be ‘something’ behind this mistaken-class I was in. Although, I have to admit that not all of students in the classroom share time and laughter in a very strong bond and togetherness, I’m happy and again, grateful I was in XII A 2. Sometimes, I think of something, some moments, that wouldn’t happen the same way if I had been in another class. And, I’m really thankful for that.

Now, I’m facing another atmosphere. Whew, it’s all about packing, packing, and packing. This opportunity that I’m having, I believe that it must happen for a reason, for a good one.

0 comments: